Tuesday, 30 August 2011

TMI Tuesday: I Love Music


I Love Music
I love music, any kind of music


I love music, just as long as it’s groovin’

1. What’s the most annoying song in the world?
Anyone who’s ever been to Disney World knows this one… “It’s a world of laughter, a world of tears, It’s a world of hopes and a world of fears…”

2. What’s the saddest song in the world?
“Christmas Shoes” I don’t know who sings it, but it’s one of those ‘Carols at Christmastime’ that just get you right here… *thumps chest*

3. What’s the sexiest song in the world?
I truly don’t have a good answer for this one.  The song I would pick if forced to make a choice would be “I’m Never Gonna Leave This Bed” by Maroon 5

4. Name a new, to you, band or music artist that you can’t get enough of? Post a link to one of their songs.
My latest fascination is Evanescence…

5. Have you met any famous musicians?
Yep… BB King (a blues singer) and Huey Lewis (from Huey Lewis and the News)

6. What song best describes your life?
I’ll do one better… this very special video puts a spin on where I am in my life at the moment and the fact that I can laugh at it so well…
  
7. How important is your partner’s taste in music to you?
Not at all… my tastes in music are quite eclectic.  Just don’t play them at high volume 24/7 please…

8. Do you sing in the shower?
Oh my yesh… often in different languages.  If I’m NOT singing… it usually means I’m angry/depressed…

9. What was the last live music show you attended? Did you buy a t-shirt?
I don’t do live music shows as I can’t stand crowds… I think the last I was dragged to was a Peter, Paul, and Mary concert many years ago now… and no, I didn’t get a t-shirt

10. What’s the sweetest song in the world?
I’m torn between “The Candy Man” and “A Spoonful of Sugar (Helps The Medicine Go Down)”

11. Can you play a musical instrument? Which one?
Yes, several.  Violin, cello, percussion, oboe, piano, baroque recorder, kazoo, slide whistle… before you laugh, I’ve played all of these in live performances.

12. Are you in a band or are you a performing solo music artist? If yes, what kind of music do you play?
Not per se.  I do perform on stage on a regular basis and yes, I perform solo songs, but it’s not a “band” type of deal…

13. Have you ever dated a musician?
Yep, out of convenience since we were both in the same band/orchestra… Bis (my first husband) also performed music on stage.

14. Are you a groupie?
- If yes, for what artist/band?
- If no, do you wish you were and for what music performing artist or band?
NO.  That lifestyle is not for me.  There are many artists I admire, but I would not wish to be their ‘groupie’

<<<¬¬¬~~~¬¬¬>>>

In other news… I have been without power as a result of Hurricane Irene, and I’m also starting back to work this week, so I will not be blogging nor Twittering as often.  Hopefully things will lighten up by the end of the week… :/
See who else is spewing TMI here

3 comments:

  1. 1. Oh yes yes yes! I so agree. Let me tell you after waiting in line 45 mins to get on that damn ride and hearing the song and then enduring it during the ride I was ready to blow up that damned ride/exhibit. It is obnoxious! I endured it for a 4 year old relative that I love very much. I remind her frequently of the sacrifices that I've made on her behalf :D

    I think your answer-- hands down-- wins!

    2. Gotta go google.

    5. Love me some B.B. ...I love the blues

    I'm cryin' and dyin'! I love the hand motions for man/him/he. Very fun performance.

    (Now I'm hooked on watching deaf karaoke)

    Sorry to hear "Torn" represents what you're going through.

    10. haha...that's pretty much my take too.

    11. Impressive. I've seen a kazoo orchestra :)

    I hope you get power soon,
    -H

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1- hahahahaha!!
    2- never thought of that- I find *any* xmas song sad; I'm kinda a grinch :/
    Love Evanescence
    10- awesome!! hehe...
    11- wow you are quite talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your answer to #1 is awesome and deserves a round of applause. Haven't heard "I'm Never Gonna Leave This Bed", but I think I'll check it out posthaste!

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think! comments, discussion, things to help me process the journey ;)
Check back to see if I answer!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.