Obviously, this topic is all behind me... but Molly asked for viewpoints and this was a topic that certainly has played into my sexuality, so I figured I would give it a go. If nothing else, it will give the reader another perspective on the subject of sexual intercourse during menstruation.
First, a bit of background. I have been a nurse working with special needs populations for... a long time. Before that, I was in a variety of layman roles working with special needs individuals hands-on, teaching basic life skills and activities of daily living including showering, dressing, toileting, et cetera ad nauseam for a long time... since my teens. Doing such intimate care over the years has fairly well inured me to bodily functions and secretions. Very little squicks me out in dealing with it in the everyday.
Dealing with it in terms of sex and kink? Well, that's another matter. Purposeful scat is just nasty, and a hard limit for me. So are vomit and spit. I'm on the fence about purposeful peeing... I work with some folks who literally get 'pissed off' and I think it's funny as hell. The rest of the bodily secretions I consider involuntary and so of no consequence, and that's where menstrual flow falls.
In my vanilla life... well, Bis had no problem with it, at least early on... we would just throw down a towel and go for it. For a couple of days before and the first couple days of flow, a woman is more 'engorged' in the nethers, so therefore more sensitive... I found it enjoyable. Towards the end we didn't do it so much, not sure whether the other women he was with turned him off to it or he simply had too many other options.
Taz was never into it, and I didn't push it... he had enough trouble dealing with performance issues, and I just wanted him to feel comfortable with whatever we were doing. In the end, it didn't matter... and he totally missed the trauma of the final few months of constant bleeding before I had the surgery this summer.
As a bisexual woman... well, it has just never come up with any of my partners, at least so far. Would I have a problem with it? No. I would be guided by whatever my partner was comfortable with.
Whilst I was going through the 'constant bleeding' part, I had one young Master with whom I was in correspondence tell me how hot he thought that was; for him it was actually a fetish. That revelation was just amazing to me after so many years of less than positive reactions. I was doing a lot of solo play by then, and again the constant congestion in the nethers made for some fantastic orgasms, but I hated doing much penetrative stuff because of the necessary clean-up afterwards. The orgasms themselves increased the rate of flow significantly, which was kind of scary, and whilst it didn't bother me in terms of the squick factor I was hesitant to subject any potential lovers to it.
As it turned out, it's been a moot point. My flow was absent the day I had my first real-life session with a Dom, which was good considering I already had the jitters. The other session I had, shortly before surgery, the flow was minimal and of no consequence as far as the Dom was concerned; our focus was far more sensual than sexual. And now it doesn't matter, unless another woman is added into the equation (which is a subject for another post, another day)...

Thanks for writing this Kazi....it is a wonderful honest piece about the effects of menstruation throughout a woman's life. I am curious if the surgery has had any effect on your sex drive...for the worse or better?
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking in and writing this great piece...
Mollyxxx
You're quite welcome, Molly, it was my pleasure!
ReplyDeleteAs to your question, I do plan to do a post in the near future about the differences in sensation with piercings and update on the libido meter. It's hard to say now where I've been on restriction against penetrative activities but I *believe* that I have not lost any points in that category :)
Although I'm a little out of my depth - I'm always fascinated to broaden my understanding of all things female - hence I feel a little more savvy and aware - so thank you!
ReplyDeleteThank you also for your latest fab comment on the audio - I'm touched! ;)
Smiles,
Sir L
x
Quite welcome, Sir! Although I use this blog to process my thoughts on the journey, if I'm able to give someone else info or a boost so much the better :)
ReplyDeleteAnd... you're welcome ;)
~Kazi
We don't usually have sex when I'm menstruating, but we do once in a while. Maybe more often now that we have our own apartment. I'm certainly not against masturbating on my period.
ReplyDelete