Saturday, 15 January 2011

Pierce Me to the Heart


Twelve straight working days of high clinical intensity.  Personal angst.  General frustration.  These factors combined pretty much pushed me over the edge yesterday afternoon to take the next planned piercing out of the To Be Determined category and place it straight into the Must Do Now queue.

To be sure, I’d been considering it for a good bit of time.  Usually I’ve waited about a year between piercings since I originally added a second set of earlobe piercings when I turned 45.  Ayep, such a rebel, I… against adding years? or of starting to break that archetype of The Good Little Girl?  Perhaps… though the tongue piercing was done out of phase of that cycle and had more to do with what I was going through at the time (cancer scare) as a form of diversion/distraction.

In any event, a mere two months since my last piercing (the two rings in the top of my left ear) had passed when I headed back to the same place to pierce again (and again, haha, as this would also be a double piercing).

I had decided this time ‘round I would pierce my nipples and put captive bead rings in them.  This was partially inspired by a bit of erotic fiction I had read last year and heavily reinforced by a novel I’ve just finished reading by my favourite erotic author.  In part I became intrigued by the concept of having the piercing done as much as the sensation of the healed piercings used in play.  I did some research on nipple piercings, including reading postings on fetlife where people described having it done so that I would be as prepared as could be for what was entailed.

On the way to Ye Olde Tattoo & Piercing Shoppe (no, not its real name!! LOL) I took time to focus on my body’s reaction to the impending assault and battery.  I was definitely reacting to this more than I had to any proposed piercing in the past.

There was a healthy dose of fear, not so much for the pain that would be involved as for the thought of marking an intimate area.  Oh my, was I going to be embarrassed to ask for what I wanted?

There was also a large measure of arousal.  Part of that could have been the time of day (mid-afternoon, a natural high point as I’ve mentioned before).  And of course the intended objects of piercing had something to do with it :)

When I arrived the place was quiet with a lone young male behind the counter.  Lovely.  We exchanged pleasantries and I inquired about pricing.  I was somewhat surprised to discover that here, at least, one is charged for the set of two rather than considering them separately.

Once that was settled I waited while he went back to set up before following him to the piercing area.  He waited while I stripped to the waist (which I managed with an almost zero sense of self-consciousness, amazingly enough) then did measurements and pre-marking, having me check in the mirror to be sure I was satisfied with the proposed placement.  He explained the reason for going with bars first (cleaner healing); I’ll be switching to rings in a few weeks (going for the ones pictured at the start of this post -- and yes, pics will be forthcoming!).  Of course he was curious about how long I had been considering doing this (I’m sure he doesn’t get many people like me getting this done!) and what my motivations were.

Finally I lay on the table to get the first bar inserted.  The nipple was clamped first (a minor pinch), three deep breaths and here we go with the needle.  Make no mistake about it, the pain was white-hot and I screamed, ending on an epithet.  Several more deep breaths were needed as the needle was withdrawn and the bar placed and tightened.  He let me up after that for a breather and to check final placement in the mirror.

After a few minutes I was ready to give the second one a go.  It was of course just as painful and I screamed again (rather cathartic really) but with no oath this time.  And despite how emo/hormonal I’ve been all week? nary a tear.  Go me.

Aftercare is nothing beyond what I’m used to following a piercing (though this is the first time I’ve had any that bled).  I put on a cold gel pack when I first arrived home, but haven’t needed anything stronger than acetaminophen since then.

When I had my tongue pierced, I didn’t bother telling my family and no one noticed until several days later (the kids finally noticed I was talking funny because the tongue swells briefly).  I’m taking bets as to when anyone will notice this latest piercing, any takers?

Overall, I’m pleased that I’ve taken this step.  I can’t wait until it heals and I’m able to play with it.

3 comments:

  1. Ouch - brave Dragon
    I hope it gets noticed much sooner than you suspect :)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab post! So much detail and humour combined - I admire your capacity to go through (yes through!) with this (no these!) twice twice over over!

    Time I was off (off)... Now I really want to admire those nipples and wonder what it might feel like to play with them - so many possibilities come to mind (mind) ;)

    Smiles,
    Sir L
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think! comments, discussion, things to help me process the journey ;)
Check back to see if I answer!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.